Volunteers are an essential to the success of the Hunger Task Force, and there are a variety of volunteer opportunities available for individuals and groups.
In fact, volunteering as a group is a great way to make a difference while team building at the same time!
Food Recovery Program Volunteers
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Assist in the Food Recovery program by volunteering at the Hunger Task Force administrative building/warehouse:
- Driver assist with picking up or delivering food items (using the Hunger Task Force truck or mini-van)
- Warehouse Workers assist with organizing, stocking, sorting, or inventorying food items
- Office/Clerical Workers help with mailings, data entry, fundraiser prep, or general receptionist duties
Kane Street Community Garden Volunteers
Volunteer Hours–March 15-October 15: (Call for limited hours availability October 15-March 15)
Monday, Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Share your talents at gardening with us—and then take home fresh produce. Don’t have a green thumb? That’s okay too! No prior garden experience needed. Volunteers assist with a variety of tasks:
- planting, weeding, or harvesting
- tilling, composting, or irrigating
- mowing the lawn, organizing sheds, inspecting equipment
To Volunteer in the garden we would ask you to sign up for a slot in our NEW page, CLICK HERE. If you are a group that has more people than slots available, sign up for those slots, and come because there is always room for more people at the garden.
Special Events Volunteers
Volunteer to help at a special event (such as the Postal Service food drive, or fundraisers like Rockin’ Out Hunger and A Taste of the Garden).
- assist with the setup or tear-down of special events
- help with food drives, parades, and other events
- complete various other tasks as needed
Register as a (group or individual) volunteer today! Your community thanks you!