The Hunger Task Force is serving over 80 meal sites and food pantries in La Crosse, Vernon, Trempealeau, and Monroe Counties. In 2015, over 1,300,000 pounds of food was recovered and distributed to recipient agencies.
Food donations are needed year-round. The most needed items are as follows:
- Peanut butter
- Canned fruits in juice
- Canned meats
- Bean (baked beans, pork and beans, black beans, etc)
- Pasta sauce
- Pasta (whole wheat preferred)
- Rice (brown preferred)
- Breakfast items such as cereal, oatmeal, or pancake mixes
- Canned soups
Other items are also needed:
- Hygiene products
- Baby wipes
- Laundry Soap
- Bars of soap
- Pet food
- Office supplies (printer paper, file folders, printer ink HP74/HP75, markers, etc.)
- Garden supplies (gloves, rakes and hoes, a lawnmower, a tiller, etc.)
- Kwik Trip gift cards (to help defray the cost of pick-ups and deliveries)
Host a Food Drive
Food and funds drives are fun, easy ways to gather resources to help those in need. In the past few years, many food banks have witnessed a decrease in the amount of food donated from manufacturers and retailers due to their increased efficiency in production and new technologies. As a result, food and funds drives are more important than ever.
Click here for a How to hold a food drive information packet!
Companies should contact us at 608-793-1002 to arrange for the pick-up of a large donation.
Other donations can be delivered to The Hunger Task Force administrative building/warehouse:
The Hunger Task Force of La Crosse, Inc.
1240 Clinton Street
La Crosse, WI 54603
Drop off hours:
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm or by appointment