Volunteers are an essential to the success of the Hunger Task Force, and there are a variety of volunteer opportunities available for individuals and groups.
In fact, volunteering as a group is a great way to make a difference while team building at the same time!
Food Recovery Program Volunteers
Assist in the Food Recovery program by volunteering at the Hunger Task Force administrative building/warehouse:
- Driver assist with picking up or delivering food items (using the Hunger Task Force truck or mini-van)
- Warehouse Workers assist with organizing, stocking, sorting, or inventorying food items
- Office/Clerical Workers help with mailings, data entry, fundraiser prep, or general receptionist duties
Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Kane Street Community Garden Volunteers
Share your talents at gardening with us—and then take home fresh produce. Don’t have a green thumb? That’s okay too! No prior garden experience needed. Volunteers assist with a variety of tasks:
- planting, weeding, or harvesting
- tilling, composting, or irrigating
- mowing the lawn, organizing storage unites, inspecting equipment
Volunteer Hours (March 15-October 15):
Monday, Thursday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Special Events Volunteers
Volunteer to help at a special event (such as the Postal Service food drive, or fundraisers like Rockin’ Out Hunger and A Taste of the Garden).
- assist with the setup or tear-down of special events
- help with food drives, parades, and other events
- complete various other tasks as needed
Register as a (group or individual) volunteer today! Your community thanks you!